Refrigerator Pan Rolls
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 6-6 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- salad oil
How to Make Refrigerator Pan Rolls
- 1In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, yeast and 2 1/4 cups flour. In 2 quart saucepan over low heat, heat water and 1/2 cup butter until very warm (120 to 130 F). (Butter does not need to melt.)
- 2With mixer at low seed, gradualy beat liquid into dry ingredients. Add egg, increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in 3/4 cup flour or enough to make a thick batter; continue beating 2 minutes, scraping bowl wih rubber spatula. Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour to make a soft dough.
- 3Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Shape into ball; place into greased large bowl, turning over to grease top. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place, until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Punch down dough. Turn dough over; brush with oil. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to use, punching down dough occasionally.
- 5About 2 1/2 hours before serving: Grease 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" open roasting pan. Cut dough into 30 equal pieces; shape into balls and place in pan. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place, away from draft, until doubled, abut 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake rolls 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Brush rolls with softened butter. Remove from pan and serve hot.