Quick Dinner Rolls
3/4 cwarm water
1 pkgquick rising yeast
2 Tbspsugar, divided
2 1/2 cflour*
2 tspbaking powder
5 Tbspbutter, melted
·* can use 2 cups all purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for wheat rolls
How to Make Quick Dinner Rolls
- Combine yeast, warm water and 1 tbls. sugar in a bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients.
- With hand mixer, beat flour mix into yeast along with butter and egg, until combined.
- Spray a 9" round pan with PAM. Break off pieces of dough, roll into balls and arrange in round pan. Should make about 14 rolls.
- Cover with a damp towel and place in draft-free warm location.
- Let rise until double, about an hour. Brush tops with a little melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden.