Purple Ribbon- Winning Cresent Rolls
Blue Ribbon Recipe
No more buying crescent rolls for me after trying this recipe. These are relatively easy to prepare and they look beautiful on the table. Plus, they are delicious! The Test Kitchen
IN LARGE BOWL OF STAND MIXER:
MAY BE HALVED
2 1/2 cwhole milk @ 120^-130degrees
2 Tbsprapid rise yeast granules (packet or jar)
3 cbread flour
1/2 ccanned milk
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 largeroom temp eggs
3 - 5 call-purpose flour
How to Make Purple Ribbon- Winning Cresent Rolls
- Using paddle attachment, mix 3 cups of bread flour, whole milk, sugar and rapid rise yeast until sponge-like.
- Then add 1/2 cup canned milk, 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 large room temp eggs.
- Beat in 3-5 cups more of all-purpose flour, one cup at a time. You want a fairly sticky dough but not too much to handle (You'll use more flour to roll out). Let rise 1 1/2 hours. Punch and ready pans.
- Cover sheet pans w/parchment paper or Silpat. Twelve rolls each pan. Quarter dough. Roll each quarter to a 10" circle. Cut each circle into 6 triangles. Roll up to form crescent shape. Place on prep sheet pans. Let rise one more hour covered w/plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 375^. (I usually have them ready to pop in as the turkey comes out.) Bake until brown on top and bottom. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. I have baked them until just starting to brown and browning them up just before serving. (You just can't have them ready and waiting for the rest of dinner because they disappear??)