Pepper Pull apart rolls
3 call purpose flour
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
2 tspground black pepper
2.25 packs of fast acting yeast ****
1 1/4 cwater ****
3 Tbspsoft butter
1 1/2 call purpose flour
How to Make Pepper Pull apart rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease a bundt or tube pan
- stir together the 3 cups of flour, sugar, pepper, yeast and salt
- Heat water and butter in a sauce pan to 130 degrees over low heat pour the hot water and butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir a few strokes to combine, stir in the whole egg and beat to form a soft dough.
Beat in the additional 1 1/2 cup of flour
- Knead on a lightly floured bread board about 4 minutes or until smooth and elastic
- divide the dough into 12 equal sized pieces. Place them in the prepared pan.
- set the pan in a sink of hot water (about 115 degrees ) until the rolls have doubled in size, this takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Beat the yolk and water together and brush the dough with the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- ***** I had to use about 1/2 cup more warm water then was called for because the dough was to stiff.
I also used 5 teaspoon of instant yeast which is different then the fast acting that was called for