PEGGI'S HAMBURGER BUNS, HOT ROLLS, LOAF BREAD
Peggi Anne Tebben
3/4 clukewarm water
2 Tbspbutter & oil
3 tspinstant yeast
1 tsponion powder
2 3/4 call purpose flour
How to Make PEGGI'S HAMBURGER BUNS, HOT ROLLS, LOAF BREAD
- Combine all ingredients & mix & knead them, by hand, mixer or bread machine, to form a soft dough.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl, cover, & let rise in a warm place for an hour, until it's almost doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface,knead into a oblong roll like a loaf of bread.
- If making a loaf; place in sprayed loaf pan.
- If making hamburger buns; with a bench knife, cut into 6-8 equal pieces, depending on size of buns you want & place in sprayed cups of hamburger pans,flattening gently to spread out.
- If making hot rolls; pinch off equal amounts & roll & tuck in hands to form ball. Place in sprayed pan, tucked side down, sides touching but don't crowd.
- Cover & let rise until the bread has doubled in size. Towards the end of rising, preheat oven to 350°.
- Brush with a beaten egg added with 2 T. water.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned on top.Remove from oven & lightly brush with butter & sprinkle with Italian seasoning ON LOAVES & HAMBURGER BUNS.
- Cool on rack.