Recipe & photo: BHG.com
1 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
3/4 cwhipping cream
2 tspfinely shredded lemon peel
·whipped cream (optional)
·strawberry (or other) jam (optional)
How to Make PAT-A-CAKE SCONES
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, the 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the 3/4 cup whipping cream and the lemon peel.
- Stir until mixture is crumbly. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing for 10 to 12 strokes or until it can be formed into a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll or pat the dough into a circle 7-1/2 inches in diameter. Cut into 6 or 8 wedges. Place scones about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the scones with additinal whipping crem; sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve while warm. If desired, serve with whipped cream and strawberry jam, or jam or your choice.