How to Make Parker House Rolls
- 1Scold milk, add sugar & salt. Cool to lukewarm.
- 2Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water & add to milk.
- 3Add 3 c. flour & beat until smooth.
- 4Add shortening & remaining flour, or enough to make easily handled dough. Knead well.
- 5Place in greased bowl. Cover and set in warm place. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hrs.
- 6Make out rolls and let rise until light, about 1 hr.
- 7If you down want to bake them until later, punch down and put in freezer, and use as needed.