Old Fashioned Potato Bread
3 1/2 cwhole milk
1/2 cmashed potatoes
2 pkgdry yeast
1/2 clukewarm water (about 110 degrees)
3 cwhole wheat flour
7 - 8 cunbleached white flour
How to Make Old Fashioned Potato Bread
- Scald milk.
Add sugar, butter, salt and mashed potatoes
Cool to lukewarm (about 110 degrees).
- Meanwhile, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
Add to the cooled milk mixture.
- Add whole wheat flour and 1 cup white flour.
Beat 2 minutes with mixer.
Stir in 6 to 7 more cups of flour until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface.
Knead gently until dough forms a smooth ball.
- Place in a greased bowl.
Turn once to grease top of dough.
Cover and let rise in a warm place and let rise again until double.
- Turn onto floured surface and divide dough into 3 equal parts.
Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Form into 3 loaves and place in greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
remove from pans and place on rack to cool.