3 cwarm water
4 Tbspmelted butter, cool slightly
6 csifted bread flour, plus more for bread board while kneading
1 cquick cooking oats
4 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make OAT BREAD
- add yeast to warm water and allow to proof for about 10 minutes
- In large bowl, place 6 cups of flour, oats, salt and brown sugar ( breaking up any clumped pieces of the brown sugar)
- pour into the flour mixture, cooled butter and proofed yeast, Mix well, dough will be sticky
- on a well floured bread board turn out dough and knead lightly adding more flour as needed ( I use about 1 more cup) the dough will become a little tacky but will not be sticky. Knead for 10 minutes
- place in a greased bowl turn dough over to distribute the oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Punch down, shape into loaves place into greased bread pans and allow to rise again until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until bread sound hollow when tapped and tops are golden brown
- **** You can cut this recipe in half and throw everything into a bread machine, follow the manufacturer directions, use the light setting
- You can also use all purpose flour and regular rolled oats if that is what you have on hand.