My Healthier Grilled Cheese & Ham Sandwich
8 slicewhole-grain bread
2/3 cof shredded 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese, such as cabot
8 slicefresh sliced deli ham
4 slice2% reduced fat milk sharp or american cheese
2 Tbspdijon mustard
·butter flavor cooking spray
How to Make My Healthier Grilled Cheese & Ham Sandwich
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium low heat or two medium nonstick pans.
- Meanwhile, assemble the sandwiches.
- Lay 4 slices of bread on a work service.
- Divide the shredded cheddar among the 4 slices of bread.
- Lay 2 slices of ham on top of cheese and place cheese slices on top of the ham.
- Spread the mustard on each of the remaining 4 slices of bread and place mustard side down on top of the cheese.
- Away from the stove spray your pan with cooking spray.
- Spray both sides of the sandwiches with the cooking spray and place 2 sandwiches in hot pan.
- Brown each side of the sandwiches and transfer the sandwiches to a baking sheet.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake until they are warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- NOTE: If you would rather not finish in your oven you can finish heating them in the pan on top of your stove. Just turn down the heat, so not to burn until the ham is warmed.