Mountain White Bread
- 3/4 c
- lukewarm water
- 1 Tbsp
- yeast, (heaping)
- 1 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp
- 3/4 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- lukewarm milk
- 5 1/2-6 c
- bread flour, sifted, you can use all purpose if you want,
How to Make Mountain White Bread
- 1mix your yeast , sugar and water together in the large bowl you intend on making the bread in.stir gently and set aside to proof. about 10 minutes or until foamy
- 2In a separate bowl mix your honey, melted butter, salt, milk and 1 cup of the flour
- 3add this mixture to the proofed yeast mixture, stir until well combined, slowly add the rest of the flour, 1 cup at a time.
- 4turn out on to a lightly floured bread board and knead until smooth and elastic, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking. about 8 minutes
- 5place dough in a lightly oiled bowl turn once to cover top, cover with a dish towel and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hour
- 6remove from bowl onto a lightly floured bread board, divide dough in half and shape into loaves and place into well greased bread pans.
- 7make a 1/4 inch slit down the middle of each loaf and set in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled ( just above the rim of each pan) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes or until hollow sounding when tapped and golden brown in color.
- 8I try and use the smallest amt of flour that I can when I make bread, for this recipe I used about 5 cups and then dusting the board with the 6th cup.