Mountain White Bread
3/4 clukewarm water
1 Tbspyeast, (heaping)
1 tspgranulated sugar
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/2 clukewarm milk
5 1/2-6 cbread flour, sifted, you can use all purpose if you want,
How to Make Mountain White Bread
- mix your yeast , sugar and water together in the large bowl you intend on making the bread in.stir gently and set aside to proof. about 10 minutes or until foamy
- In a separate bowl mix your honey, melted butter, salt, milk and 1 cup of the flour
- add this mixture to the proofed yeast mixture, stir until well combined, slowly add the rest of the flour, 1 cup at a time.
- turn out on to a lightly floured bread board and knead until smooth and elastic, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking. about 8 minutes
- place dough in a lightly oiled bowl turn once to cover top, cover with a dish towel and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hour
- remove from bowl onto a lightly floured bread board, divide dough in half and shape into loaves and place into well greased bread pans.
- make a 1/4 inch slit down the middle of each loaf and set in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled ( just above the rim of each pan) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes or until hollow sounding when tapped and golden brown in color.
- I try and use the smallest amt of flour that I can when I make bread, for this recipe I used about 5 cups and then dusting the board with the 6th cup.