Masa Double Cornbread
How to Make Masa Double Cornbread
- 1Preheat the oven to 425. If you’re planning to bake your cornbread in a cast iron pan, put the pat of butter in the pan and put it into the oven to heat up. If you’re using a regular baking pan, grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides.
- 2Combine flour, masa, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil.
- 4Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients all at once, stirring as little as possible to combine well.
- 5Gently fold in corn.
- 6Pour into prepared pan, smooth top of batter and bake 25 minutes for a square pan, a bit longer for cast iron, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.