Maple wheat bread
3 tspactive dry yeast
1 tspwhite sugar
1/2 cwarm water (110 degrees)
1 can(s)12 oz evaporated milk
1/4 cmelted shortening
1/4 cpure maple syrup
2 cwhite wheat flour
3 cbread flour
How to Make Maple wheat bread
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water
- combine milk,1/4 cup of water, shortening,maple syrup, salt and wheat flour in a bowl.
Mix in yeast mixture and let rest for 15 minutes
- Add bread flour, and mix well until dough forms a ball.
- turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes
- Place dough into a well buttered bowl and turn to coat.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise 45 minutes or until almost doubled
- Pinch dough down, divide in to two equal parts, pound out any bubbles. shape into 2 loaves and place into buttered 9x5 inch bread pans
- cover loosely with plastic wrap butter tops of loaves and let rise in a warm area until doubled
- Place a small ovenproof pan of water in the bottom shelf of the oven, preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until tops are dark golden brown.