Maple Oat Bread
How to Make Maple Oat Bread
- Place oats in a blender or food processor, cover and process oats for about 10 seconds or until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl, add boiling water and let stand until mixture cools to 110-115 degrees, I stick my candy thermometer into it.
- while that is cooling. In a large bowl dissolve yeast in the 1/3 cup of warm water, add syrup, oil, salt, oat mixture and 2 cups of the flour beat until smooth stirring in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. I use the entire amount called for.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic about 6 minutes.
Place into a greased bowl turning once to grease top. cover and let rise until doubled about 1 hour
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a loaf. place into a 9 inch bread pan, cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden. remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- If you prefer you can place in a greased 9 inch round baking dish, brush the top with egg white and sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of oats over the top. bake as you would a regular loaf