Low-Sodium Dutch Oven Rye Bread
How to Make Low-Sodium Dutch Oven Rye Bread
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, salt, yeast and caraway seeds
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour in two cups of slightly warm water.
- When the 18 hours have elapsed, find a surface and dust it with flour. Uncover the dough, and using your spatula, begin unseating it from the bowl.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper for the bottom of the dutch oven. About fifteen minutes before removing the cloth from the dough, put the dutch oven with lid into the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- After 90 minutes, remove the cloth from the dough. Using oven mitts, remove the dutch oven, take lid off, put the circle of parchment paper on the bottom and place the dough in the dutch oven. Sprinkle extra caraway seeds if you like, and score the top with a serrated knife. Cover the dutch oven with its lid and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove lid and bake for another 20 minutes.