Low Carb One Minute Bread
I can see adding herbs and garlic or cinnamon and raisins for a different flavor and spreading with some cream cheese...yum!
Not my recipe but TNT!
2 tspcoconut oil or butter, melted
1 1/2 Tbspalmond meal
1 Tbspflax meal
1 Tbspparmesan cheese (from can)
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspsplenda (not to sweeten but to bring out flavor)
SEE BELOW FOR INGREDIENTS FOR 6 BUNS
How to Make Low Carb One Minute Bread
- Melt coconut oil or butter in microwave safe bowl for 15 seconds. If not completely melted microwave an additional 10 seconds.
- Add all other ingredients to coconut oil; whisk well to combine ingredients.
- Use an oven safe bowl or ramekin, basically anything that will give you the shape and size you want. Spray with Pam and pour batter into bowl.
I used a round bowl to get a hamburger bun shape. You could use a square Glad sandwich container to get a loaf bread type shape for sandwiches.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. If, still a little wet, microwave another 30 seconds. Invert on to plate, slice in half. Place in toaster or toaster and toast for that extra crunch. Be careful and don't burn.
- "According to Jolene" blog, she makes more that one serving, uses butter in place of coconut oil and bakes in the oven:
Low Carb Buns
Makes 6 buns
1/4 cup Butter, melted
6 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Water
3 tbsp Parmesan
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Flax Meal
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Splenda
Mix as intructed above.
Divide batter up evenly among 6 greased small pie tins, you’ll end up with approximately 1/3 cup of batter in each tin. Place tins on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Slice and toast for that extra crunch.