Judy Grube's White Bread
This recipe also makes a great base bread for raisin bread and cinnamon/brown sugar swirl bread. Just flatten the dough out before placing it in pans, spread with raisins, sugar and cinnamon or cinnamon and brown sugar then roll it up and place in pans to let rise. Its absolutely delicious!!
How to Make Judy Grube's White Bread
- 1dissolve 2 packages yeast and 2 Tbsp sugar in 1 cup warm water.
- 2Mix all ingredients to make a soft dough.
- 3Put on a floured board and let rest for 10 minutes.
Knead for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Put in a large bowl, cover and let rise in warm room until double.
- 5When doubled in size, poke it with 2 fingers to deflate.
Cover and let rise again until double in size.
- 6When doubled in size the second time, take the dough from the bowl and put on a board and cut into 5 equal pieces.
- 7Knead each piece "Slightly" and place in greased pans to raise.
- 8When risen, bake at about 325 degrees (depending on oven) for about 20 to 30 minutes until done.
Bread will sound hollow when you tap on the crust top.