1ST MIXTURE HEAT IN SAUCE PAN
1 cevaporated milk
4 tspsea salt
6 Tbspbutter (irish organic)
DISSOLVE YEAST IN WARM WATER
3 cwater, warm
2 pkgactive dry yeast
IN LARGE BOWL DRY MIXTURE
4 cwheat flour
6 cunbleached white flour
How to Make Homemade Bread
- Heat the first four ingredients in sauce pan.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Put dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, make a well in center. Add first mixture and stir with wooden spoon. After ingredients are mixed add, yeast, warm water mixture, stir well. Add flour and and knead till elastic. Once dough is not sticky place on well floured bread board and knead for about 8 minutes adding flour as needed.
- Knead into ball, place in a well greased large bowl, place dough into bowl grease the top. Place press and seal or plastic wrap on top. Place damp hot towel on top, place bowl in warm place and let rise 1 1/4 hour till double in size.
- Next step,Punch bread down, squeeze in center and make two balls. Place each into a well greased loaf pan. Place press and seal plastic wrap and damp towel on top. Place in warm place, let rise 1 1/4 hour.
- Preheat oven 375* Back approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour. Till top is golden brown, thump top if it sounds hollow then it is done. Let set 5 minutes in pan then turn out on to rack to cool. Brush tops with butter or bacon grease .....You may use just white flour for white bread if you like....