Home Made Pretzls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/4 c
- warm water
- 1 pkg
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 medium
- 1 tsp
- beaten egg
- sesame seeds
How to Make Home Made Pretzls
- 1Mix yeast and sugar with 1/4 cup warm water.
Set aside until bubbly, Place flour and yeast mixture into a large mixing bowl and blend to form a dough.
- 2Knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a grease bowl: cover and Let it rise 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 3Place in a greased bowl : cover and let rise 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Punch down and shape the pretzels as follows:
- 4Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into sticks 6 inches long. Or dived dough 10 pieces and shape into knots.
- 5Place and greased cookie sheets. Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- 6Glaze with 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water.
Sprinkle tops of pretzels with coarse salt or sesame seeds.
- 7Preheat oven to 475* F.
And Bake for 10 minutes.
Cool and store in airtight container.
Makes 12 servings