GLAD Flour Mix from Frugal Abundance.com
As I understand it, recipes can't be copywrited, BUT I have to give credit where credit is due- I found this recipe on a great blog at FrugalAbundance.com I use it exactly as its written all the time. It's wonderful and I did not dream it up myself!
- 2 c
- brown rice flour (or 6 pounds)
- 2/3 c
- cornstarch (or 2 pounds)
- 1/3 c
- tapioca flour (or 1 pound)
- 1/3 c
- soy flour (or 1 pound) [or another bean flour]
SMALL BATCH DIRECTIONS (BIG BATCH IN PARENTHESES)
How to Make GLAD Flour Mix from Frugal Abundance.com
- 1Mix all ingredients well and store in an airtight container.
- 2To substitute for wheat flour add 1/2 tsp zanthan gum for every 7/8 - 1 cup of flour mix
- 31 cup "sifted cake flour" = 3/4 cup GLAD flour + 1/2 tsp xanthan gum