From Lemonade to Beer Scones
The Lemonade Scones recipe also calls for self-raising flour but since I didnt have that either, I added baking powder and salt.
SELF-RAISING FLOUR RECIPE:
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Sift all together.
Use a beer you like, I used a lager which has a nice lemony flavour. If you prefer to make these with cream then dont be alarmed if the mix is frothy, its meant to be.
4 tspbaking powder (i might have used 5 lol)
300 mlcarbonara pasta sauce (or try alfredo, could be nice!)
330 mlbeer (this was the full amount in the bottle i used)
LEMONADE SCONES (USE THE SAME METHOD AS BELOW)
4 cself raising flour
300 mlcream (the kind you can whip)
300 mllemonade (i just use a can of sprite or 7-up)
How to Make From Lemonade to Beer Scones
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
In a bowl, sift dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl pour in Carbonara sauce or cream.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and gently fill with the beer mixture
- Fold everything together until combined then turn out onto a well floured board.
- Using well floured hands bring the scone dough together until you get a nice mound shape.
Dont worry if the mixture feels more sticky than usual, this is just how it is so flour your hands and perservere!
- Flour a sharp knife and cut dough into 12 pieces.
Because the dough is so soft and sticky I always have trouble cutting my pieces. I end up with all sorts of shapes and sizes and I just call them beer nuggets. YOU will be much better at this than I am!