"Everything" Rosemary Hot Dog Buns
You can personalize these buns to any taste. Serve these soft and fragrant buns at your next gathering!
- 3 c
- 1 c
- multigrain or wheat flour
- large egg
- 1/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- hot water
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dry active yeast
- 3 Tbsp
- flax seeds
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- kosher sea salt
How to Make "Everything" Rosemary Hot Dog Buns
- 1In a small Pyrex bowl, pour hot water over honey. Stir thoroughly.
- 2Then add milk. When the mix is lukewarm, add yeast. Stir until there are no clumps. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 3Place all dough ingredients in a mixing bowl. When yeast is ready, pour in and mix thoroughly.
- 4Dump out on a floured surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes. Add flour as needed.
- 5Let rise for 90 minutes.
- 6Gently degas. Then shape a 2 1/2in high log. Then cut into 3/4 in slices. This rendered about 13, a baker's dozen.
- 7Gently roll into the form of hot dog buns. They will appear smaller than usual. Place on 2-3 greased cookie sheets.
- 8Paint with melted butter and sprinkle on toppings. Then let rise 30 to 40 minutes. Or until they are to the desired size of hot dog buns.
- 9Allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy!