Cracked Wheat Bread (Bread Machine)
This bread has no dairy products except the butter; and you can substitute margarine if you want to.
You'll love it, my family does!
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 2/3 c
- cracked wheat or bulgar
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter or margarine (i've used salted without a problem)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt ( a little bit less if you are using salted butter or margarine)
- 3/4 c
- 2 2/3 c
- bread flour
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 tsp
- saf yeast or 1 tablespoon of bread machine yeast or 1 pkg of reg. fast acting yeast
How to Make Cracked Wheat Bread (Bread Machine)
- 1Pour the boiling water over the cracked wheat in a bowl. Add the molasses, butter and salt. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature to soften.
- 2Place the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's directions, adding the cracked wheat mixture and the additional water as the liquid ingredients. Set crust on medium and program for the Basic cycle; press Start. (This recipe may be used using the Delay Timer.)
- 3When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack. Let cool to room temperature before slicing.