For a gluten-free batch, I used millet flour. The texture was super!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 5 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 c
- 2 c
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
How to Make Cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Grease a large cast iron skillet. You can also use a baking pan. Choose your size based on how thick you like your cornbread. I doubled the recipe and used a 13x9 for a large amount of thick cornbread.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine oil, eggs, and buttermilk. Stir only enough to blend the eggs.
- 3Add remaining ingredients. Stir only enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- 5Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.