Comic Strip Mushroom Olive Crostini
I cut out and saved several of them and recently came across this one, and although I haven't yet tried it, it sounds not only good, but easy, too!
Photo via Bing.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- thinly sliced small mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped black olives
- 1 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
How to Make Comic Strip Mushroom Olive Crostini
- 1Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic and rosemary and saute gently until mushrooms are tender, about five minutes.
- 2To the skillet add the chopped black olives and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, along with the balsamic vinegar. Heat until warm; set aside.
- 3Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices, approximately 12 slices. place slices on a baking sheet; toast one side under broiler until brown.
- 4Rub uncut slices of bread with cut garlic clove, then top with the mushroom mixture. Season with freshly ground black pepper, and serve!