CHIA MILLET BREAD
Chia is an ancient seed that is making a comeback. And is highly versatile. You can use any number of ways. I have chosen to use the flour version.
1/2 cbrown rice flour
1/2 cwhite rice flour
1/4 cpotato starch
1/4 ctapioca flour
1/4 cmillet flour
1/2 cchia seed flour
1 3/4 tspxantham or guar gum
2 1/4 tspyeast
2 Tbspagave nectar
1 cwater, warm or as needed
3 Tbspolive oil
1 tspapple cider vinegar
How to Make CHIA MILLET BREAD
- Proof yeast using 1/2 c warm water plus 1 T Agave. Set aside.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Combine flours, cornstarch, potato starch, xantham and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix eggs, oil vinegar and remaining agave.
Add remaining water to dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients and yeast mixture to dry ingredients.
- Use either stand mixer or hand mixer on low to combine then raise to medium for 4 minutes.
- Turn dough into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise till either doubled in bulk or within 1/4 inch from top of pan. Should be between 15-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 when bread has risen to 3/4 inch from top of pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes covering with foil after 20 minutes. I get best results at 60 minutes with my oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes before cutting.