Cheesy Jalapeno Bread
Sometimes I will put pepper jack cheese instead of the cheddar for a little more zing...yummy
3 cwarm water (hot to touch but not scalding)
1 1/2 Tbspactive dry yeast
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
1 1/2 Tbspsea salt
6 1/2 call purpose flour
1 can(s)sliced jalapeno peppers (1/2 cup)
1 1/2 ccubed cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Jalapeno Bread
- In a large metal or glass bowl combine all the ingredients , just until all the flour is moistened , DO NOT KNEAD. The dough will be moist and sticky.
- Cover bowl with a moist kitchen towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm area for 2 hours to rise the dough. ( I put mine in an off oven with the light on )
- Cut the dough into 2 equal pieces for loafs.
- If your only baking one loaf , Place the other section in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Place one section of the dough in a heavily floured bowl and cover once again until the dough rises to doubles in size.
- Pre-heat a large heavy dutch oven pan with the lid on in a 450° oven for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the heated dutch oven from the oven and PLOP the dough in the pot , Cover and return the dutch oven back to the hot oven.
- Bake @ 450° for 30 minutes ,when done baking ; Remove from the dutch oven and place bread on a wire rack and let cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.