- 1 c
- finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 c
- egg beaters (or 1 large egg)
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- plain corn meal
- 3/4 c
- whole grain pancake mix (i used bob's red mill)
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or coconut oil for greasing griddle
How to Make Carrot-Corn Pancakes
- 1Preheat flat griddle to medium heat.
- 2Mix together first 4 ingredients. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir together the remaining dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add in the carrot mixture. Stir until well-blended.
- 3Brush griddle with a little butter or coconut oil throughout the baking. Bake as for pancakes on the griddle, turning when bottom browns. Watch carefully to prevent burning. I had to turn my burner down to low after the first pancake.
- 4Makes about 6 six-inch pancakes. Very good served with butter and sorghum or maple syrup.