Carrot Cake Chewy Oatmeal Bars
1 boxduncan hines classic carrot decadent cake mix
1 chot tap water (for hydrating carrots and raisins) in the box
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1/3 clight corn syrup
2 cquick cooking oatmeal
1/2 ccoconut (optional)
1/2 cnuts (optional)
How to Make Carrot Cake Chewy Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°
Add carrots and raisins to hot tap water. Allow to hydrate for a minimum of 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water
- In small sauce pan, melt brown sugar, corn syrup and butter on medium. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat
- To a mixing bowl add the cake mix, drained carrots and raisins(are in the box), coconut, nuts, oatmeal and egg. Mix by hand until blended
- Pour in the melted brown sugar, butter mixture and stir until well mixed
- Spread evenly into a 9x13 inch, lightly greased baking pan
- Bake for 30-35mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately press down on surface of hot cooked bars with spatula.
- Cool and refrigerate before cutting.