Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread
- (8.5-ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- (8-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 4 large
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- plus 2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not drained
How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Mix together all ingredients except 2 tablespoons of cheddar. This will form a batter.
- 3In a cast iron skillet, melt butter; saute onions and broccoli until soft. Pour batter over the vegetable mixture and sprinkle top evenly with remaining cheese.
- 4Bake in oven until golden, apx. 30 minutes.