BONNIE'S LIGHT DINNER ROLLS
The photo is my own. Recipe adapted from Family Cookbook.
How to Make BONNIE'S LIGHT DINNER ROLLS
- 1Just a reminder: Do not substitute ingredients. Read recipe through before you start. Follow directions exactly.
- 2Prepare two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- 3Put 2 tablespoons yeast in the 110 degree 1/2 cup of water and set it aside.
- 4Melt the stick of butter over low heat in a small sauce pan. When it is melted, take it off the heat and add the milk. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the beaten eggs, sugar, salt and finally, the yeast mixture. Whisk well to blend.
- 5Add the bread flour 1/2 cup at a time, whisking after each addition, until it is a smooth batter. Then trade your whisk for a wooden spoon and finish adding the rest of the flour to the batter. You will have a very soft light and tender dough. Add as little flour as possible, but you will have to add a little in order to handle the dough. Shape it into a ball. Put it in a large greased bowl, cover it, and place it in the oven with the light on for one hour.
- 6Turn the dough onto a floured board and roll it out about an inch thick. Use a 2-inch cookie cutter and cut out the rolls. To form the rolls, take each side and turn them under and ovrlap the edges. Put the rolls 1 to 2 inches apart, seam side down on the parchment paper on the prepared cookie sheet. Put the rolls back in the oven with just the light on for at least one hour to rise until it has doubled in size.
- 7Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Bake at 8 to 12 minutes until golden brown like my photo. Take your altitude into consideration. It takes 13 minutes to bake at my elevation. Enjoy!