There are many recipes out there for this bread, but I like this one for the bread machine best. I hope you will agree.
How to Make BOLILLOS (SALLYE)
- 1Place all ingredients except egg whites in bread machine pan in the order listed.
Make sure liquid is completely covered by the dry ingredients.
- 2Select Basic Dough and begin cycle
- 3Machine will ding when dough is ready
- 4Remove dough from bread machine and place in a lightly greased glass bowl.
Cover bowl and let rise in a warm dry place until approximately double in volume (about an hour)
- 5Turn dough out onto lightly floured clean flat surface and gently knead for 5-10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic
- 6Divide dough into 10 equal balls.
Roll the balls between your palms for about 5 seconds to make a cylindrical shape.
Place each roll on a parchment lined baking sheet.
NOTE: LEAVE SPACE BETWEEN EACH ROLL TO ALLOW FOR RISING.
- 7Allow to rise for about 30 minutes.
While waiting, preheat oven to 375º
- 8Brush each roll with whisked egg white, and cut a slit horizontally along the top of each roll about 1/4" deep.
- 9Place in preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Remove to wire rack for cooling.