Bahamas - Coconut Bimini Bread
Coconut Bimini Bread is easy with the help of a bread machine or standing mixer fitted with dough blade.
This lovely bread is sweet and doughy. For an extra special treat, try serving leftover slices as French Toast or in Bread Pudding!
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached flour (plus extra , if the dough comes out too wet)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 c nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk (if you warm this slightly it will help the dough rise quicker)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
How to Make Bahamas - Coconut Bimini Bread
- 1In the mixing bowl of bread machine add all ingredients in order given.
Set on dough cycle (just mixing and rising).
The dough cycle usually lasts about 1 1/2 hours.
- 2Or... alternatively, add all ingredients to a large bowl and knead together until a smooth dough forms.
Add extra flour if necessary.
Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3When dough cycle is complete, or dough is approximately doubled in size, remove dough and place in oiled baking pans.
You can use a Pullman pan or two bread pans.
- 4Let dough rise in baking pans for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6Slash the top with a sharp knife and then bake for 35 minutes or until browned on top and cooked through.