5 Star Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns
2 call-purpose flour
1 cwhole wheat flour
3/4 tsponion powder,optional
3/4 tspitalian seasoning, optional
3 tspactive dry yeast
pinchsesame seeds or poppy seeds
How to Make 5 Star Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns
- Place all ingredients in bread pan, select dough setting for a 1 1/2pound loaf, and press start.
- When the dough cycle is done turn out dough onto a floured countertop or cutting board. Gently roll and shape dough into a 12-inch rope.
- With a knife or scraper, divide dough into 8 pieces for hamburger buns or 12 pieces for hot dog buns.
- Grease baking sheet, or use parchment. Roll pieces of dough into balls and flatten for hamburger buns or shape into 6-inch rolls for hot dog buns. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise in warm over 10-15 minutes or until almost doubled.
- If you want to add an egg wash and sesame seeds or poppy seeds mix 1 small egg yolk and 1 tbsp water. brush top buns and add sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
- Remove sheet from oven to preheat oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on racks. When ready to use, split buns in half.