Corntastic corn bread
Irisa Raina 9
★★★★★ 2 votes5
·1 – 8.5 ounce box jiffy corn muffin mix
·1 large egg slightly beaten
·½ of a “ 14.75 “ can of cream style corn “ or you can use mexi-corn”
·1/3 cup buttermilk
·½ of a “ 4 ounce” can of diced green chilies drained
·¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
·2 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
·1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
How to Make Corntastic corn bread
- Beat egg and buttermilk slightly.
- Beat for about 1 minute on low, and then add the corn, chilies, cheese and 2 teaspoons melted butter.
- Add the muffin mix and beat for one more minute.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven, lined a muffin tin with paper cups and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- As soon as you remove them from the oven brush tops with remaining melted butter.