Ancient Mesopotamian Bread
When we were homeschooling the kids, we were learning about other countries. We let them pick a country and my husband would make a breakfast, lunch, dinner & a snack from that country... which led to some really, shall we say, unexpected meals. LOL! This is when we found this bread. My son especially loves it. It makes a sort of pita-type bread.
How to Make Ancient Mesopotamian Bread
- Mix the water, flour, and salt together slowly.
- Knead the dough and form it into flat round patties.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let it sit overnight.
- The next day, bake it in an oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- *OPTIONAL: You could add pieces of dried fruit, like raisins or dates, or chopped nuts. You could also add various spices. The Mesopotamians did not have sugar, so if you want it sweeter, add some honey.