Recipe & photo: hubpages.com
How to Make SCOTTISH OATCAKES
- In a very large bowl, mix the first six ingredients together.
- Sprinkle water, a little at a time, over mixed dry ingredients and work mixture with your hands until a ball forms.
- Press into a buttered 9x13" pan until mixture is 1/2" to 1" thick.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven until golden brown, or about 30 minutes.
- NOTE: May be served warm with butter or butter and hot syrup, either as a tea cake or as a breakfast bread. They may also be served cold with butter or jam.