Pat "Mom's" Yeast Rolls
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a great dinner roll recipe. They'd make a nice addition to any meal! The Test Kitchen
1 tspapple cider vinegar
1 cwarm water
1 pkgactive dry yeast
3 csifted ap flour
2-3 csifted ap flour
2 1/2 tspsalt
1 stickbutter, optional
How to Make Pat "Mom's" Yeast Rolls
- Pour into stand mixer and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, put hot water (120 degrees) and honey in 1 cup water, mix and add yeast. Allow to get foamy. Then add to the milk mixture.
- Now, sift 3 cups of flour, add vinegar to the flour mixture, add salt and add it to the lukewarm mixture in the stand mixer.
Use your paddle attachment and stir on low setting. I use no more than two until all ingredients are incorporated. The mixture should be smooth.... Like cake mix.
- Shape your rolls or loafs in a fully greased pan. Allow to rise again until the center is slightly higher than the edge of the pan, about one hour. The rolls should just come up over the top of the pan when they are fully risen.
- In the meantime preheat your oven to convection bake at 375 degrees or 400 degrees if you don't have convection.
- Special note - I have found it better to add the vinegar directly to the first batch of flour an to stir it in.