Oh Yes! Corn Pone (bread)
- 1 1/2 c
- indian head yellow corn meal
- 1 c
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 2 c
- milk, room temperature
- eggs, lightly beaten and at room temperature
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make Oh Yes! Corn Pone (bread)
- 1In a heavy large pot, mix together the boiling water, sugar, butter, and corn meal on low or medium low. Stir constantly to remove lumps. When thick and having no lumps remove from heat.
- 2Add milk, eggs, and baking powder. Stir and mix well until there are no lumps.
- 3Pour into a greased and floured 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven. Let it set at least a half hour before cool enough to eat. I cut mine into 1 1/2 inch squares. The size is up to you. Store in refrigerator. May reheat.