Honey Cloverleaf Rolls
Leslie Speed Dutton
Honey adds a touch of sweetness to these homemade yeast rolls. And topping off the Honey Cloverleaf Rolls is a mixture of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and caraway seeds.
** if you don't like caraway salads, use another, such as poppy or sesame seeds
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 c
- bread flour
- 1 1/4 c
- package rapid-rise yeast
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 large
- egg beaten with 1 tbsp. water
- caraway seeds, mixed, optional **
How to Make Honey Cloverleaf Rolls
- 11. In a small pan over low heat, warm milk, butter and honey until butter has melted and an instant-read thermometer reads 110ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together whole-wheat flour, 1 cup bread flour, yeast and salt. Stir in milk mixture. Beat with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms, adding more bread flour as needed. Dough will be sticky. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding additional bread flour as necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover dough with a cloth and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 22. Mist a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time and keeping others covered with the cloth, divide into 3 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and put into a muffin cup side by side to make 1 cloverleaf roll. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover with a cloth and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 33. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Brush dough with egg mixture and sprinkle with seeds, if desired. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.