Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish/Coffee Cake/Pie
One hour later, we emerged with a bag full of agreed upon ingredients. This is what we came up with, earning me a big hug, kiss and two thumbs up. "Blue Ribbon worthy", he said. In fact, the photos are his! lol =) Hope you enjoy our Danish/Coffee Cake/Pie/Sweet Roll/Pastry! lol
- loaf frozen sweet dough, thawed but cold (this is usually found near the frozen ready to bake cinnamon rolls.)
- 12 oz. can solo brand raspberry filling (or any flavor you prefer)
- oz. cream cheese, softened
- tsp. vanilla
- cup powdered sugar
- can pillsbury creamy supreme classic white frosting (or your own glaze)
- cup chopped pecans
How to Make Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish/Coffee Cake/Pie
- 1*Please Note: Prep time does not include defrosting dough or rise times.
Night before, place frozen bread loaf in a large ziplock bag with the inside of the bag sprayed with Pam. Place in fridge overnight.
- 2Mix softened cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar with hand mixer until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- 3Roll out bread dough between 2 pieces of lightly sprayed parchment paper to form a 12x16 rectangle. Remove top parchment leaving bottom parchment in place. (By leaving this, I have found it is much easier to get it transferred to the cookie sheet.) Cover loosely with plastic wrap lightly sprayed with Pam and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 6Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes. Tent loosely if browning too quickly. (I use a very hot gas oven and oven temps vary, so watch closely.)