☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cwarm water
2 pkgactive dry yeast
1 largeegg beaten
How to Make Challah Bread
- Add 2 yeast packages to 2 c warm water. (Not too cold or the yeast wont rise, not too hot or you'll kill the yeast)
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp salt, & 3 cups flour. Mix together.
- Add one egg beaten and 1/2 cup oil. Mix together.
- Add 4 cups flour. Mix well.
- Let rise for an hour, punching it down at least 3 times during that hour.
- Shape the dough (braid). Brush with egg topping.
Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.