CARAMEL APPLE STRATA
This recipe & photo courtesy of: tasteofhome.com
2 cbrown sugar, packed
1/2 cbutter, cubed
1/4 ccorn syrup, light
3 largeapples, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspapple pie spice
1 lb(1 loaf) day-old cinnamon bread
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 c2% milk
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make CARAMEL APPLE STRATA
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, lemon juice, sugar, and pie spice. Arrange half the bread in a greased 9x13" baking dish. Spoon apples over bread; drizzle with half the sauce. Sprinkle with pecans; top with remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and vanilla. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining caramel sauce.
- Take strata from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350º oven for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Microwave the reserved caramel sauce, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes and drizzle over strata.