Soft Jumbo Pretzel Sticks (Super Easy)
Now, simplify one step further and use frozen bread dough. Genius. One of my family's favorite football snacks.
How to Make Soft Jumbo Pretzel Sticks (Super Easy)
- 1Roll each piece of dough into a 5" rope. Place on a large prepared baking sheet. Cover with saran wrap sprayed with non-stick spray, place in a warm spot and let rise for about an hour.
- 2Place 2 quarts of water in a large saucepan. Add baking soda and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Gently place each stick in the soda water and simmer gently for 15 seconds per side.
- 3Drain on a wire rack and return to prepared baking sheet. (I use parchment paper.) Score lightly every inch or so, if desired. Combine egg with 1 TB. water to make an egg wash. Brush each with egg wash and sprinkle with course salt.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- 5SERVING SUGGESTIONS: I like mine with honey mustard or yellow mustard, but a melty cheese sauce is also delicious. On game day, I serve with my Wisconsin Beer Dip. (Recipe in comments section.) Also excellent served with Cheddar Potato Soup.