Mami's Sweet Skillet Cornbread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cyellow cornmeal
1 call purpose flour
1 cwhole milk
2 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspbutter/margarine/bacon grease
How to Make Mami's Sweet Skillet Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease your skillet with 2 Tbsp of butter, margarine, or bacon grease, and set it on the middle rack of the oven.
- In a large bowl, mix all the Dry ingredients well. Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Make a well in the middle of the Dry mixture, pour in the beaten egg and the remaining Wet ingredients.
- Mix well with a hand blender or spoon. Make sure to mix until you have no clumps.
- Carefully remove skillet. Tilt the pan to coat the sides with the grease. (Optional, dust the bottom of the pan with cornmeal lightly) Pour the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until Golden brown. Let cool for 8 minutes. Spread with butter or honey. Enjoy :)