Bacon Cheddar Tomato Melt On Toasted Garlic Bread
Also can be used as a summertime appetizer for casual entertaining.
A wonderful way to use all of those beautiful vine ripened tomatoes from the garden, as well!
- 1 lb. loaf prepared garlic buttered french bread, defrost if frozen
- large vine-ripened tomatoes
- cup coarsely chopped fresh basil or baby spinach
- cups white or yellow cheddar cheese, shredded or slices
- slices cooked bacon, crumbled (i use precooked... no need to warm)
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Tomato Melt On Toasted Garlic Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Bake foil wrapped garlic loaf for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven. Place split loaves onto parchment lined baking sheet. Spread garlic butter so that it's evenly distributed.
- 3To Assemble: Layer each half evenly with tomato, basil, cheese and bacon. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted.