Amazing Creamed Corn Cornbread
You can add some sugar or honey if you want it sweeter. Add some shredded cheese with some diced sweated onions are yummy. The cornmeal is truly the key! Stone ground yellow cornmeal, whole grain! I first started using this recipe when I went to a water wheel mill and got some cornmeal that tasted so good. I decided to find a recipe that would use just the cornmeal and no flour.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ccornmeal (stone ground whole grain tastes best)
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 can(s)creamed corn
How to Make Amazing Creamed Corn Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet in the oven. (I have also made this recipe in an Ovenette or a dutch oven)
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, creamed corn, and 1 tablespoon of oil. I pour the creamed corn out of the can but don't scrape the can out. This appears to be the perfect amount.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with a few stirs. DO NOT OVER MIX! A few lumps are ok.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil into your hot iron skillet (or oil your alternative pan). Pour the batter and bake until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back to the touch. Around 20 min. (I use a wooden pick and when it comes out clean it is done)