True New York Style Pizza Dough
The other is a pizza dough and pizza recipe that is out of this world! I am posting both!
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water (105 degrees)
- 4 1/2 c
- all purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
WHEN MAKING PIZZA OR CALZONE.. FOR PIZZA STONE
How to Make True New York Style Pizza Dough
- 1In a large bowl - Dissolve sugar and salt in water.
Add oil and flour and stir with a heavy spoon for 1 minute.
- 2Turn out to a lightly floured surface and press into a circle.
Sprinkle yeast evenly over dough and knead for 12 minutes.
- 3Divide into portions for calzones or pizza. You will need to weigh these for correct portion size. See notes.
Portions are as follows:
Calzones: 6 oz portions
12 inch pizza: 18 oz portions
15 inch pizza: 25 oz portions
- 5Roll each portion into a ball. You want a ball without visible seams.
Place balls in a bowl covering with saran wrap and allow to proof for 1-2 hours at room temperature if using dough the same day.
Or.. refrigerate for next day use and allow to get to room temperature counts as proofing.
- 6Place dough on lightly floured surface and lightly flour top.
Use fingertips to evenly flatten dough, working from edge to center to press dough into 12 or 15 inch circle.
For calzone you can shape into circle or square.