Crunchy crust filled with gooey cheese and pepperoni. I made them last night and they were gone in like 60 seconds.
I fill them with so much more than pepperoni. Try Broccoli, ham, and cheese, baking time remains the same.
- 32 slice
- 1"x1" cut in half cubes of mozzarella
- 8 tsp
- pizza sauce, i use rinaldi super mushroom sauce
- 1 c
- water, warm (105 to 115º )
- 2 1/4 tsp
- yeast or 1 pkg.
- 1 tsp
- white sugar
- 2 3/4 c
- to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- corn meal
- slightly beaten egg white
- coarse salt
CRUSTY ITALIAN BREAD ROLLS
How to Make Pepperoni Rolls
- 1In a small bowl add warm water sprinkle with yeast let set 2 minutes then gently stir until dissolved add sugar. Allow the yeast mixture to sit for another three to five minutes. The yeast should start to bubble or foam in the water.
- 2In large mixer bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and salt. Add yeast mixture. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can mix in with a spoon. Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- 3Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes total). Shape into a ball. Place in lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface. Cover; let rise in warm place until double (1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on room temp.). Punch down; turn out onto lightly floured surface. Form a rectangle about a 3/8th inch thick.
- 5Place a greased baking sheet in a larger baking sheet to prevent bottoms of rolls from burning.
- 6Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. With a damp paper towel wipe off as much of the spilled over cornmeal off the baking sheet because it will burn. Brush with egg whites mixture, and sprinkle with cores salt. Snip a small hole in each to allow venting. Cover lightly with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray or floured. Let rise until nearly double (about 45 minutes depending on room temp.). Bake in 375 º oven for 25 to 30 minutes.