OATMEAL BREAD (SALLYE)
PLACE IN BREAD MACHINE IN THIS ORDER
1 clukewarm water
2 Tbspbutter, softened
2 Tbsphoney (room temperature)
3 cwhite bread flour
1-1/2 Tbspdry milk powder
1/2 crolled oats, not instant**
2 tspfast rise yeast ( 1 packet)
·oats for garnish (optional)
How to Make OATMEAL BREAD (SALLYE)
- IMPORTANT: PLACE INGREDIENTS IN BREAD MACHINE IN THE EXACT ORDER LISTED IN INGREDIENTS.
Water should be lukewarm 105º, but not too hot. Too hot water will kill the yeast action.
Add softened butter and honey.
Add flour carefully, making sure liquid is completely covered.
Add dry milk, salt and oats.
Make a small depression in flour and place yeast in the depression.
- THIS RECIPE WILL MAKE A 2 # LOAF OF BREAD. SEE STEP 5 FOR 2-1/2## MEASUREMENTS.
- **Instant oats will not work, but quick cooking oats will work.
For added crunch, sprinkle a handful of oats on top of the loaf after the final rise.
- Set bread machine to basic (or white).
- NOTE: HERE ARE THE MEASUREMENTS FOR 2-1/2# LOAF
1-1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
3-3/4 cup bread flour
2 tablespoons dry milk
2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup oats
2 teaspoon yeast